PHOTOS and MEASUREMENTS
should be done weekly and will be programmed on the weekend or first thing Monday (you choose and tell me when you want them scheduled).
MEASUREMENTS – Where and How to Take
- Neck (The thickest part of the neck.)
- Shoulders (This will require help to do correctly. With both arms by the side, measurement is taken at the widest point from one shoulder to another.)
- Chest (With the arms lifted up the tape measure if wrapped around the chest just above the nipple. Lower the arms and take one big deep breath in and out. The measurement is taken after the exhale.)
- Bicep (Either or both biceps, generally around the thickest point. Easiest way to ensure reliability is to choose a point and mark gently with a pencil. Measure the distance from the tip of the acromion, corner bony point of the shoulder, to the biceps and note it down. Take the measurement at that same point each time.)
- Waist (Measurement is taken at the belly button. Similar to the chest, best to take a deep inhale and exhale and measurement is taken after the exhale.)
- Hips (Measurement is taken at the widest part of the hips around your butt, you may need help with measurement placement)
- Thigh (Either or both thighs and generally around the thickest point. Easiest way to ensure reliability is to choose a point and mark gently with a pencil. Measure the distance from the Anterior Superior Illiac Spine (ASIS), bony point at front of the hip across from belly button, and note it down. Take the measurement at the same point each time.)
- Calve (Measurement is taken at the widest part of the calves)
- Wear as little as possible and comfortable:
Swimsuit, or sports bra and bottoms/tight fit yoga shorts or pants.
- Do not wear black: Black hides shapes and your before and after photos will not look as impressive if you wear black the whole time through and especially if you wear black in your first photos.
- Take in the morning before eating anything, or drinking lots of water.
- If you don’t have someone to take the photos for you, set your phone up on a make shift tripod so that it is waist to chest height and straight on, set a timer within the app when ready to take your photos. You will have progress photos scheduled in the app and found under the schedule section.
Take Photos Like this BUT, don’t wear black shorts.
Wear light grey or another color.
FRONT & BACK PHOTOS: Palms open, arms at your side away from the body.
SIDE PHOTOS: Lift your arms out in front like Lauren for the side pics.